Riyadh, March 16, 2023, SPA — Under the patronage of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, and on his behalf, Prince Faisal bin Bandar bin Abdulaziz, Governor of Riyadh Region, will attend the ceremony of handing over the King Faisal Prize next Monday in Riyadh to the winners of 45th edition this year.
The prize’s secretariat general had previously announced the names of the winners of the 45th edition 2023 as follows:
– The prize for service to Islam for 2023 is awarded jointly to Professor Choi Young Kil-Hamed, (Korea) and Sheikh Nasser bin Abdullah (UAE).
– The prize for Islamic Studies for 2023 is awarded to Professor Robert Hillenbrand (United Kingdom).
– The prize for Arabic Language and Literature for 2023 is awarded to Professor Abdelfattah Kilito (Morocco).
– The prize for Medicine for 2023 is awarded jointly to Professor Dan Hung Barouch (United States of America) and Professor Sarah Catherine Gilbert (United Kingdom).
– The prize for Science for 2023 is awarded jointly to Professor Jackie Yi-Ru Ying (United States of America) and Professor Chad Alexander Mirkin (United States of America).
According to the Secretariat General of King Faisal Prize, the deadline for submitting nominations for the award’s five categories’ forty-sixth session (2024) is the end of the current March.
The prize receives nominations by airmail or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or via the award’s online nomination portal: www.kingfaisalprize.org/nomination.
Through the award’s website, the Secretariat General made information about the nomination and all of its requirements available: www.kingfaisalprize.org.
17:06 LOCAL TIME 14:06 GMT