UNRWA: 360,000 Fled from Rafah Last Week

New York, May 13 (QNA) – The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) said that “nearly 360,000 people have fled Rafah since the first evacuation order a week ago.”
“Meanwhile, in north Gaza bombardments and other evacuation orders have created more displacement and fear for thousands of families,” UNRWA said in a statement Monday.

“There’s nowhere to go. There’s NO safety without a ceasefire,” UNRWA reiterated.

The Israeli occupation forces continue to close the Rafah border crossing and the Karam Abu Salem commercial crossing in the southern Gaza Strip for the eighth consecutive day which threatens to exacerbate the humanitarian catastrophe in the besieged Strip.

These forces expanded their ground and air attacks in all governorates of the Gaza Strip after demanding the displacement of residents from large areas in Jabalia, north of the Gaza Strip, and east and south of Rafah, and their incursion into southern Gaza and east of Khan Yunis.

The Israeli occupation continues its aggression on the Gaza Strip by land, sea, and air, since Oct. 7, 2023, resulting in the martyrdom of 35,034 citizens, the majority of whom were children and women, and the injury of 78,755 others, in an indefinite toll, as thousands of victims are still under the rubble. (QNA)