Saudi Arabia’s Voluntary Carbon Market Fuels the Shift to a Low-Carbon
Under UAE President’s directives, UAE launches urgent relief response for Ghana flood victims
Combating Desertification and Drought: Qatar a Model in Preserving Natural Resources, Establishing Environmental Stability
UAE allocates US$30 million for emergency humanitarian response in El Obeid, calls for civilian protection, safe humanitarian aid access in Sudan
Amman, Nov. 17 (Petra) – Minister of Government Communication and Government Spokesperson Mohammad Momani said Monday that the names of the first batch of conscripts to be called up for national service next year will be announced soon, once the National Service and Reserve Service Law of 2025 completes all constitutional procedures. This followed the Lower House of Parliament’s approval of the draft law earlier in the day.
Momani said the selection process will be conducted through a neutral statistical draw using computerized mechanisms and based on scientific criteria. He underscored adherence to the directives of His Royal Highness Crown Prince Al Hussein bin Abdullah II, stressing the application of the highest standards of transparency without exception.
He noted that, as previously announced, conscripts will be Jordanian males born in 2007 who will have turned 18 by January 1, 2026. The annual selection will include 6,000 young men, divided into three phases of 2,000 each.
Momani added that the program is a continuation of what His Highness the Crown Prince announced last August regarding the reactivation of the National Service Program (Conscription), describing it as a national step to prepare and qualify young people through military training and a theoretical course organized under the National Service and Reserve Service Law.
//Petra// AJ
17/11/2025 16:14:49