With support from Sheikha Fatima, UAE to restore Umayyad Mosque in Damascus
Mother of the Nation Endowment for Orphans’ initiative raises AED3.3bn during Ramadan; launches AED1 bn ‘Mother of the Nation City’ project
UAE sends 30 tonnes of food aid to support drought-affected communities in Kenya
UAE provides urgent relief to support flood-affected communities in Mozambique
Seoul, April 19 (QNA) – The Republic of Korea expressed concern over the increasing frequency of ballistic missile launches by North Korea, and urged Pyongyang to immediately halt provocations that clearly violate UN Security Council resolutions.
The presidential Office of National Security on Sunday condemned North Korea’s ballistic missiles launch as a violation of UN Security Council resolutions, calling for an immediate halt.
The office convened an emergency meeting led by Deputy National Security Adviser Kim Hyun-jong to analyze and assess the North’s latest missile launch, presidential spokesperson Kang Yu-jung said in a written press briefing.
The Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) had previously said that North Korea fired several ballistic missiles toward the East Sea on Sunday, in the latest in a series of missile tests in the region.
The JCS is closely monitoring North Korea’s movements as part of a strong joint defense posture between the Republic of Korea and the US.
North Korea last fired multiple short-range ballistic missiles on April 8, in a rare pair of launches conducted in a single day. (QNA)